free hit counters
Image - Manga Color. - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Breast Expansion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-19-2005   #25
Sutibaru
---

Talking Seisou

Okay now I have downloaded the whole Seisou manga and I know what colors to use on the chick.

I will be working on that one more now.
Unread 06-20-2005   #26
Old_Chestnut
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibaru
I am pretty sure that Hell Teacher is not chinese, but the old traditional form of japanese characters.
I believe this is Chinese, though the manga is not. I have seen many translations of Japanese works which were apparently published (or perhaps pirated in some cases) in Taiwan or Hong Kong; this certainly seems to be one of those. These outlying regions still use many of the older forms of Chinese characters, while the PRC itself has stylized a lot of them in their modern writing. (The text is pretty definitely not Japanese, as there are no kana whatsoever in it.)
Old_Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005   #27
Sutibaru
---

Post Kanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Chestnut
The text is pretty definitely not Japanese, as there are no kana whatsoever in it.
Okay. We both can agree with this. The text are simply Kanji which defines as Chinese characters used in Japan.Kanji are one of the five character sets used in the modern Japanese writing system, the other four being hiragana, katakana, the Roman alphabet (rōmaji), and Arabic numerals.

The usual japanese characters I see are Hiragana which seemed to be used for the sound effects.
Attached Files
File Type: doc kanji.doc (205.0 KB, 165 views)
Unread 06-21-2005   #28
Old_Chestnut
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
The usual japanese characters I see are Hiragana which seemed to be used for the sound effects.
The sound effects in kana show that this was all originally in Japanese: the publisher of your copy of the manga translated all the word balloons into the local Chinese (I'm guessing it's Taiwanese dialect and characters). The fact that your images are so clean suggests that the manga was legitimately republished and translated. I've seen some, which were probably pirated, where the artwork is somewhat murky and blurry, as if the parties involved in translating and re-releasing the manga were working from photocopies...

Publishers in the U.S. who have been translating manga have tried dealing with the kana by translating all the sound effects as well, but sometimes the characters are integrated into the drawings and are very difficult to replace. Early on in the business of releasing translations, the publishers would sometimes actually have someone re-draw those parts of the panel; but that's really time-consuming and, with the flood of translations appearing nowadays, no one would be able to keep up. Often what's done now is to replace only the smaller words and add footnotes to explain the sound effects that are too hard to replace. Where footnotes would take up too much room on the pages (like with, say, Excel Saga), the explanation of the sound effects and such are listed at the back of the compilation book.

Oh, and just to get back to the proper topic, your color work does look good on that completed large panel.

Last edited by Old_Chestnut; 06-21-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old_Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005   #29
Sutibaru
---

Cool Hope to straighten this out.

As I said above, the dialect in the word bubbles are Kanji which is literally Chinese dialect that is used in Japan. That is all I know about it... I have yet to find or see a version in a more easy Japanese dialect to translate.

Talking about it being clean images, if you are talking about the colored one, I used Adobe Photoshop to clean it up. It was originally a .jpg and was quite blurry and grainy.

And finally, thank you. I will probably start coloring more of this sequence and put more highlighting and shading where needed.
Unread 06-21-2005   #30
Sucht17
Process Master

Quote:
As I said above, the dialect in the word bubbles are Kanji which is literally Chinese dialect that is used in Japan. That is all I know about it... I have yet to find or see a version in a more easy Japanese dialect to translate.

That is NOT Japanese. It's definetely Chinese. And no, it's not old Kanji that used to be used in Japan centuries ago. This is a younger audienced aimed manga, therefore none of the kids would even be able to read it were.

As was stated before, there is no kata-kana or hira-gana in any of the word bubbles. Also in books aimed at this age, the more complex kanji that kids might not know would have furi-gana printed above it to guide them in the pronounciation of the word.

Now if you meant that Hell Teacher Nube was originaly created by a Japanese guy in Japan, then yes, it is/was.
Sucht17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005   #31
Sutibaru
---

Post Finish This

I you would read what I have been writing, buddy, I said it was Chinese dialect! I am not saying that this is the pure Japanese version of the manga. All I am saying is the dialogue is Kanji. In fact here is the direct quote from the link lower.

"Kanji (漢字, literally "characters from Han China"; see also Han Chinese) are Chinese characters used in Japanese. Kanji are one of the five character sets used in the modern Japanese writing system, the other four being hiragana, katakana, the Roman alphabet (rōmaji), and Arabic numerals."

It makes sense to call it Kanji, when I already translated a word bubble using Kanji characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji

Check that link out. That is the link where I used the characters to translate some dialogue from the manga. Or maybe Wikipedia encyclopedia is wrong.
Unread 02-23-2006   #32
Mr_melons
Frequent Poster

Anime

I noticed this manga series had an anime show based on it. Does anyone know if this plant BE occurs in it? It'd definetely be worth checking, if anyone has the time.
Mr_melons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2006   #33
Sutibaru
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_melons
I noticed this manga series had an anime show based on it. Does anyone know if this plant BE occurs in it? It'd definetely be worth checking, if anyone has the time.
No the chapter wasn't made into an episode in the TV series. Same with the other good ones sadily.
Unread 02-24-2006   #34
acme
Nodoka~<3

I have the Thai-verison so I can translate for you guys. I only translated the BE part, the rest isn't so important. If you guy want a translation for the rest I'll gladly do the rest.

(I was in a rush so sorry for the sloppy work). ^^''
Attached Images
File Type: jpg growseed22.JPG (307.3 KB, 1069 views)
acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2006   #35
Sutibaru
---

Thanks. The thai version is the one that I posted at the beginning there.
At least I know what they say now. I might photoshop it so that it looks more neat. + finish coloring it

It is up to you, but possibly can you tranlate other chapters such as the chapter where a ghost mouth appears on the back of her head?
Or at least the good part where she was about to burst? (it's in thai also)
Unread 02-24-2006   #36
The Lord of War
Process Master? lol what?

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme
I have the Thai-verison so I can translate for you guys. I only translated the BE part, the rest isn't so important. If you guy want a translation for the rest I'll gladly do the rest.

(I was in a rush so sorry for the sloppy work). ^^''
so thats wut they were saying, thanks a lot.
The Lord of War is offline   Reply With Quote