free hit counters
Feeling Low - Shrink Fan Comics - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-04-2023   #8
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Re: Feeling Low - Shrink Fan Comics

Feeling low: Giving her the mouse seemed really badly thought out. That thing could have bit her arm off. I'd have been horrified. Depression is a REALLY hard topic to write for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatejr9 View Post
would anybody be willing to give me some pointers on how to write a GOOD story? I already have a rough idea where I want my story to go, but I feel I could maybe use a few pointers, just in case.
Okay.

Full sized villains may be hard to avoid, but don't let them dominate everything that happens. Keep them in the background. And give them some realistic motivation, not just I'm horrible, or my victim is horrible.

Your heroines aren't perfect. But shrinking is going to be a wildly disproportionate punishment for anything relatable. Accidental shrinking, or least bad choice, is the most fun IMHO.

It is probably easier to have multiple shrinkees, so that they can talk to each other and do more things. Find as many ideas you can about the shrinking itself and its consequences. Have your characters do things. A few panels of shock and despair are okay, but if they spend a half hour crying, (which is realistic) give them the dignity of cutting away or past it.

Write your ending first. I'm so sick of all these stories that are ten minute reads, and then to be continued in 5 years or never. And think about what state your character is in at the end. Is she left hating everyone else in the story? Feeling traumatized and powerless? The world doesn't need more of that right now.

I'd recommend fun and comedy, but the ShrinkFan house style doesn't handle it well.

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 10-04-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote